Terms and Conditions
Websites maintained by service organizations and those operating as a forum for social or professional networking often include a number of legal disclaimers to protect the providing organization from liability and to alert users to any potential risks associated with the site.
1. Do not post confidential information or any information that could lead to the identification of individual foster youth.
- Users should not post confidential information of any nature on the Site.
- Users should not post any information that could lead to the identification of individual foster youth.
- The Site Provider is not responsible for any loss or damages arising from the posting of confidential or identifying information of foster youth on the Site. The poster assumes all responsibility for such postings.
2. Since any user may post to the Site, the Site Provider does not guarantee the validity of any content posted.
- Content on the Site results from the collaborative effort of users. While content may be rated and reviewed by users, this does not guarantee the information will be accurate.
- While some content may be posted by professionals in the child welfare or education systems, the user should not assume such postings contain correct information.
- The Site Provider does not endorse any of the content on the Site.
- The Site Provider disclaims all liability for any loss or damage arising out of use of the Site and its content.
3. Although some postings pertain to legal topics or are made by lawyers, nothing on the Site should be construed as legal advice.
- Postings, and particularly a lawyer’s response to a legal question, should not be construed as legal advice.
- Neither postings nor conversations on the Site are protected under attorney-client privilege.
- Each case is different, and only someone familiar with the complete facts in a particular situation can provide adequate counsel. For legal advice, you should consult your own attorney.
- The Site Provider is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from users acting on information provided on the Site. Users assume sole responsibility.
4. Do not post copyrighted material on the Site.
- Users should not post material on the Site when a copyright prohibits such.
- Should a user post material on the Site in violation of copyright law, the Site Provider disclaims all liability. The user posting such material is solely responsible.
5. Users will only be emailed if the email option is enabled in their profile, and under no circumstances will any of the user’s personal information be used other than to fulfill the Site’s operational needs.
- As a general principle, the access to, and retention of, personally identifiable data will be minimal and will be used only internally to serve the well-being of the Site. This includes collecting certain non-personally identifiable information when users visit the Site such as the type of browser being used, the type of operating system and the domain name of the user’s Internet service provider.
- The Site Provider will not sell user personal information for its own commercial gain or send users spam.
- Users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose their personal information. Although the Site Provider tries to protect users’ personal information, it cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted.
- If the Site Provider receives a subpoena or other compulsory request from a law-enforcement agent or a court or equivalent government body that requests the disclosure of information about a registered user, it may be compelled by law to comply with the request.
- The Site Provider is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of links contained in the Site that direct users to external websites.
6. General Use Disclaimers
- The Site should not be relied upon for emergency services and is in no way designed to serve as an alternative to the emergency services provided by 911 telephone service or by contacting local child protective services.
- Users should not use the Site to engage in illegal conduct or to assist others in engaging in illegal conduct.
- Users are granted a limited license to copy anything from this site, subject to otherwise applicable law. Use of the Site does not create or imply any contractual or extracontractual liability on the part of the Site or any of its agents, members, organizers, or other users.
- In using the Site, users may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate. The Site Provider does not endorse such content.
- The Site Provider reserves the right to modify, update, or discontinue the Site at its sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability.
- If any portion of this statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- Users will not use the Site’s copyrights or trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, without the Site’s written permission.
- The Site database is stored on a server in the State of North Carolina in the United States of America, and is maintained in reference to the protections afforded under local and federal law.
- If there is any dispute about or involving the Site, users agree that any such dispute will be governed by the laws of California. Users agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts in California.