How do I register for FosterEdConnect.org and become a member?
Submitted by admin on April 15, 2010 - 9:11am
In the Profile Visibility field, select whether or not you want your member profile to be visible. If you select “yes,” you will be listed in the Member Directory and other members will be able to see your name, county, and roles on your Profile Page. If you want members who share your interests and goals to be able to contact you, you should select “yes.”
Carefully read the Terms and Conditions of Use. If you agree with these terms, check each of the six boxes labeled “I accept these terms.”
Check the final box labeled “Accept” at the bottom of the page to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Answer the security question by typing the letters, numbers, and symbols you see in the box. Do not use spaces. This question is meant to prevent automated spam.
Click the Create New Account button at the bottom of the page to submit your registration. You will receive an e-mail with your username and password in several minutes.
Once you have received the e-mail, click Member Log In and input your username and password to enter the site.
TIP: After you log in once, your browser will remember your username. If you forget your username, you can also log in with your e-mail address.
TIP: You can edit all of the preferences on the registration page, including profile visibility, by visiting the My Profile section of the website.
To register and become a member of FosterEdConnect.org:
- Click the Join the Community link on the public home page.
- Choose a username and type it in the space provided. Your username will be the name you use to log in to the site, as well as the name that will identify everything you post on the website. Spaces, periods, hyphens, and underscores are allowed, but other punctuation is not allowed.
- Type your e-mail address twice, once in the “E-mail address” box and a second time in the “Confirm e-mail address” box. The website will use this e-mail address to send any updates you request. In addition, at the end of the registration process, your temporary password will be sent to this e-mail address.
- Type your first name and last name in the spaces provided.
- In the Location field, select the California county in which you most often work with children in foster care. If you make your profile public, other members will be able to find you when they filter the Member Directory by county. This feature makes it easier for professionals working in the same county to connect.
- Select as many roles as you think apply to you by checking the boxes next to the roles. There are ten main roles:
- Child Welfare Workers
- Educational Professionals
- Educational Rights Holder
- Foster Children and Foster Youth
- Foster Youth Liaisons
- Juvenile Court Professionals
- Legal and Expert Educational Advocates
- Mental Health Advocates
- Probations Officers