How can I do an Advanced Search for conversations?
If you know terms (keywords) associated with that conversations you are looking for, conducting an Advanced Search might be the fastest way to find these conversations.
Using the Advanced Search function, you can filter all the conversations on the website by any or all of the following criteria:
- Terms of your choice
To do an Advanced Search for conversations:
- Type any terms (keywords) associated with the conversation you are searching for into the Terms box. All resources on the website will be searched for the terms you type and your conversation list will only include conversations that contain those terms. If you do not wish to search by term and instead wish to search only by role, subject, or both, leave the Terms box blank.
- Select one or more of the 10 roles (professions) listed in the dropdown menu. Only conversations tagged as relevant to those particular professions will be included in your search results. If you do not wish to filter by profession, do not select any of the roles listed. Instead, leave the Role box in its default mode, .
- Click the Apply button. This will take you to a list of conversations filtered by the criteria you chose.
- TIP: You can filter your conversations list using some of the above criteria but not others. If you do not want to filter by a particular criterion, do not use that particular dropdown menu. For example, if you want to filter by all of the criteria except county and age group, do not use the county and age group dropdown menus.
- TIP: The more criteria you use, the fewer results you will get. If you are not finding as many resources as you would like, try removing one or more of the criteria.